Friday, April 11, 2014

GOOD LUCK MY DEAR FRIEND

Not all people are lucky enough to have the same mail person deliver their mail every day but for some reason the lady that delivers my mail has been on this route for a long time and we've gotten to be really good friends.  She is always here at almost the same time every day which is great for me.  When she's on vacation sometimes the mail comes at 8 in the morning or 5 in the afternoon.  Anyway, she told me the other day that she's retiring the end of April.  I gave her one of my pens 2 weeks ago and since then she's ordered 6 more.  Yesterday she asked if I could make a masculine one for her husband.  Talk about a challenge.  Most of my pens have pretty, sparkly beads on them.  Well, I found some fish beads last night and I really like this.  I think I'll make one and send it to my brother since he goes fishing almost every day.
On the tail of the fish is a heavy duty magnet so he can put it in his work shop or on the refrigerator.  I thought this was pretty masculine.
 
Dee (my mail lady) is very glitzy and carries a very big purse that is copper, gold and silver so I made her a purse bling as a retirement present.


The heart is polymer clay and I used the Randee Ketzel tutorial "Crazy Hearts".  There is Magic Glos on top.  The beads are done using Kumihimo and I attached a heart shaped lobster claw and a heart shaped split ring.  I love Randee's tutorial because you never know how it's going to turn out.
 
 
Four weeks till foot surgery, hope I can hobble into my studio to play with clay.
 

No comments: