Saturday, September 24, 2011

HOME SWEET HOME

After 15 days on a road trip, I was so glad to get home.  We drove to Wisconsin from Arizona and on the way there the rubber blew off the windshield wiper.  Had to find a KIA dealer and we were 200 miles from Albuquerque.  A really nice guy there waited for us even though it was almost closing time.  He was standing in the parking lot holding the windshield wipers.  By now my husband and the GPS (Moaning Myrtle) have had numerous fights and it was only our first day on the day.

I don't know about Dorothy and Toto but I never want to see Kansas again.  We don't normally drive through there but thought we would like to see some different parts of the country.  KANSAS HAS COWS.  Millions and millions of cows.  We got caught in a storm that made me stop breathing.  I was sure I was going to see the Wizard of Oz.  No more Kansas for me Toto.  The GPS was trying to get the best of us by now and John was really starting to dislike her.

One of my nephews is a computer geek and teaches all things computers.  He talked John into buying me an IPAD Touch so he wouldn't have to listen to Myrtle anymore.  I was so excited.  Now I can get my email any where and watch you tube and read books.
Little did I know how much technology there was in this thing and I would have to figure out how to sync stuff from IPOD to IPAD and learn how to go from Microsoft to Apple and another whole system.  My brain is over whelmed.

From Wisconsin we drove to Chicago to go my godson's/nephew's wedding.  It was beautiful.  The bride was gorgeous.

Her dress was beautiful.  I think there was $100,000 worth of shoes in the church.  I've never seen so many fancy shoes in my life.  Unfortunately for me, my high heel shoe wearing has come to an end.  I had 3 inch heels on for 2 hours and got a blister the size of New Jersey on my toe.

The fun part of the wedding was when the bride and her bridesmaids showed up at the church in a Chicago Trolley.

When the wedding was over the Trolley took the bridal party all over for picture taking.  When we got to Chicago it was cold and raining.  The day of the wedding it was 71 and sunny and the day after the wedding it was 57 and raining.

I brought home some of the flowers from the wedding.  I'm going to dry them and put them in polymer clay and make beads for all the girls in the family.  I put the flowers in a Ziplock bag and sucked the air out of the bag with a straw.  It has been a week now and this is what they look like.




THE RIDE HOME

We left Chicago Monday morning and drove to Joplin, MO.  Tuesday we stopped for lunch in Clinton, OK and when we came out the battery was dead.  Lost 3 hours in Clinton getting a new battery so we only made it to Amarillo.  The next morning we were packing the car and there was a 7 inch crack in the passenger side window.  We drove 12 hours to get home because we were afraid something else might go wrong.  At least John and the GPS quit fighting and she quit saying "RECALCULATING".

Next week is our 4 day clay guild retreat in Prescott, AZ.  4 days of nothing but clay and fun.  I can't wait.  I washed clothes and ironed for 2 days now I get to pack my clay stuff.  I always overpack.

Hope to have some good pictures for the blog when I get back.

HOME SWEET HOME

1 comment:

Linda K. said...

Glad to see that you made it back safely, Bonnie.

Do the flowers dried in an airless bag keep their color?