Friday, January 27, 2017

THE NEW YEAR STARTED OUT SAD.

On January 22nd I was suppose to go to Florida to visit my mother who is 91.

On January 1st, I got a call saying my Mom passed away.  My brother, sister and I weren't ready for that.  She seemed to have been doing good.  She had some heart problems but I'm still not sure what happened.

We went to Wisconsin for her funeral.  The first day we were there it snowed, the second day we had rain and really cold weather, the third day we had freezing rain and there were tons of cars in the ditches, the 4th day it was 12 degrees and the day of mom's funeral it was sunny but cold.  The day we were suppose to fly back to Arizona they predicted freezing rain again.  Left 4 hours early for the airport and sat there for a long, long time.  Now I'm back in Arizona and it's 30 degrees in the morning with a high of 52.

Going to miss you mom.  Not sure I'm still dealing with this totally.  There were a lot of beautiful flowers at the funeral and I brought back the tops of some of the pink roses.  I put them in a zip lock bag and put them in my suitcase.  They looked beautiful when I got them home.  I decided to make beads and bracelets from the dried roses and then decided to make key chains for my nieces, sister, sister in law and brother.  I used the fresh flowers on baked polymer clay that I put in metal bezels.




Before I put the flower petals in, I put a thin layer of Magic Glos on the pendants to hold the flower petals in place.  Then I put them in the UV light.  I put two more layers of Magic Glos on them.

As they sat, the flower petals kept getting lighter.  I added the words Live, Laugh, Love to each pendant and then another layer of Magic Glos.  You can see the difference in the color of the petals in the two pictures.  If you click on the pictures you can see them better.


I made this one for my brother.  It isn't as frilly but it's still frilly.



The one thing that's made me laugh a lot since I came home is good old Buster.  The other day I was talking on the phone and he was trying to get inside an afghan I was making.  I started laughing because he got his head caught in the yarn that was on top.


I had John run and get my camera.  He just sat there like that and didn't move for a long time.


My mom and her favorite dog Kita.  Will be missing them both.  I'm sure Kita was up in heaven waiting for her.



1 comment:

The JR said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I was just missing my Mom a few minutes ago. She would have called me and said come by the house. Then when I got there she would have said you are my Valentine and given me money.

That's just the way she was. You had to take it or she got really mad.

Take care,