Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SUPRISE SPOTLIGHT AND MY FURRY FRIENDS

I was really surprised this morning when I turned the computer on and there was a Cindy Lietz email with pictures of my buttons and one of my golf stroke counters.  She is spotlighting some of the work of the people who belong to her website and there were my glow in the dark buttons and antique looking buttons and my red, white and blue buttons and the golf stroke counter that I made from her flower cane tutorial.  That was really nice.  If you want to see the pictures and all the wonderful comments you can see it here at;
http://www.beadsandbeading.com/blog/ .  Here are pictures of the buttons up close and the bead stroke counter that I made with the flower cane that Cindy did the tutorial on.






This is the golf stroke counter made with the extruded flower cane.


SCOOTER, BEAU AND ANNIE

It's been a long time since I had some pictures of my friends Scooter, Beau and Annie posted on here.  I got to spend Sunday night with them.  Annie had a little red hat on and a cherry dress but I missed that picture.  But here are my buddies:



ANNIE



EXTRUDED FLOWER CANE BEADS

I needed to make some more beads for golf stroke counters and I really like Studio by Sculpey clay so I thought I would try it.  It wouldn't condition enough to go through the extruder correctly but I did get a nice outer pattern so I used that to make beads and then I added some pearl to the colors that I was using and it went through the extruder perfectly.  I haven't bake these yet because my sister is here and it's taking me two days to make beads :0).  I tried last night after we had our wine and we laughed so much I couldn't make beads but this is what I have so far:


Want to thank everyone on Cindy's blog for all the nice comments and support about the spotlight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your buttons are phenomenal and I like the fact that they glow in the dark! Congratulations again. I like your flower cane beads...I am off to do some more...this time with the right disc...can't believe I used the wrong one for the demo! I am going to try and use some skinner blends and see how they turn out...will let you know. Just love your little furry friends...anxious to meet them!