Thursday, April 8, 2010

SHIMMERING BATIK - BEADING WITH CABOCHONS - ANNIE

First of all I want to tell everyone who said a prayer for Annie that I appreciate it and so do her parents.  She's doing better but not out of the woods yet.  She will have to have surgery in about 3 weeks when she gets over the infection, but she's fighting.  She finally started drinking water and eating a little.  Annie says thanks.  I do too and I'm going to keep praying that she gets 100% better.  She's very special and now has a happy, loving home, a big brother and lots of dog friends who don't abuse her.


SHIMMERING BATIK BY TINA HOLDEN ALIAS BEADCOMBER

I mentioned the other night that I bought a tutorial from Tina Holden http://beadcomber.blogspot.com/   and I posted some pictures that weren't anything like what she put on her blog after doing the technique.  WELL, I missed two important parts when reading the tutorial.  DUH.  My pieces came out ok but not like Tina's pictures in the tutorial.  Last night I started over and did two sets with a couple different twists (colors) and won't say what they are because you have to buy Tina's tutorial to appreciate this.  I did want to post my pictures of what I finally came up with after reading and following directions.  I also used almost a full bottle of Magic-Glos on these and I still have more pieces to do but I ran out of sunlight.  I did get a lot of pieces out of each set and I'm thrilled about that.  I want to tell Tina I really love this technique and I probably won't get anything else done until I have couple hundred pieces like this.




I'm having a little camera problem tonight.  These are so much prettier in real life.  I'll put up pictures when I make jewelry with them and they are finished.


BEADING WITH CABOCHONS

A couple weeks ago a friend was here visiting and she is into beading now and does some beautiful work.  She had this book with her and it fascinated me.  She was beading around cabochons and showed me what she was doing.  I saw the cabs she was using and thought "I could make those out of polymer clay and bead around them that doesn't look hard".  Then I remembered what a great time I had trying to crochet with beads.  I think I invented some new swear words.  Good thing there is a lady on youtube that shows how to do that.  I bought the book and it's beautiful.



It's by Jamie Cloud Eakin.  Now I have another book and maybe someday I'll teach myself how to do that too.  Don't hold your breath.  I just like books.

Back to my clay and Lupe if you are reading this I want that necklace http://miramecreations.blogspot.com/.

Goodnight Annie, sleep well, we love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't Tina's tutorial fun...I am hoping to do some more tomorrow...been working out in the yard. I really love your creations Bonnie...just beautiful. I've been wanting to make cabs as well. That book looks like a good one...thanks for sharing. I will continue to put little Annie on my prayer request list...she is a doll. God bless her!

Melobeau said...

KUDOS on your pieces using Tina's tute. They are lovely! I can well see why you are "addicted". I'm so happy to see that Annie is doing better. What a cute little bundle of fur. It's so nice that she's found a good and loving home and an Earth angel in you.