Tuesday, November 30, 2010

CHRISTMAS IN ARIZONA

It's been a while since I've posted on my blog.  I've been really busy making Christmas presents for friends and family.  My friends decided we were going to exchange hand made gifts this year.  It's been a challenge but I think I finally figured out something they can't live without. LOL   Can't post the pictures until after they get their presents though.


A couple years ago I put together a Christmas luncheon for 50 women for a club that I belonged to.  I made 52 polymer clay Santa Claus face pins.  As soon as I find mine I'll take a picture and put it up here.  After the 15th one I said to myself "What were you thinking"?  I got my good friend and neighbor to dress like Santa Claus and come to the luncheon.  We had a gift exchange so he gave out the gifts and I took everyone's picture with him.  I learned later that one of the elderly ladies in the group grabbed his butt while I was taking their picture.  He has a good sense of humor so he just laughed it off.  Anyway, I re-wrote an old poem and passed it out and since tomorrow is December 1st I thought this would be a good time to let everyone know about:

CHRISTMAS IN ARIZONA

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the town
No noses were frozen no snow fluttered down.
No children in flannels were tucked into bed
They all wore their shorty pajamas instead.

To find pretty cactus was not very hard
For cactus plants sprouted right in the back yard.
In front of the houses were daddies and moms
Admiring the cactus and the Royal Palms.

The slumbering kiddies were dreaming in glee
And hoped they'd find Play Stations under the tree.
They all knew that Santa was well on his way
In a Mercedes Benz instead of a sleigh.

And soon he arrived and started to work
He hadn't a second to linger or shirk.
He whizzed over highways and zoomed up the roads
In a shiny new sports car delivering his loads.

The desert moon gave the city a glow
And lighted the way for Santa below.
As he jumped from the auto, he gave a wee chuckle
He was dressed in bermudas with an Ivy League buckle.

There weren't many chimneys but that caused no gloom
Santa came in through the Arizona room.
He stopped at each house but stayed only a minute
And emptied his sack of the stuff that was in it.

Before he departed he treated himself
To a big margarita that was left on the shelf.
Then he turned with a jerk and bounced back to his car
Remembering he still had to go very far.

He shifted the gears and stepped on the gas
And away up the highway he went with a flash.
And I heard him exclaim as he went on his way
Merry Christmas Arizona, I wish I could stay.

MY FAVORITE SANTA


This was one of the most beautiful Santa Claus costumes I had ever seen except it didn't look like it had been cleaned for a while.  We borrowed it from a lady who's husband played Santa to a children's hospital every year but he died.  She offered the suit to us to use for $25.  When I called her and told her I was going to get it cleaned and bring it back she told me she had her own special cleaner and it was going to cost me $75. I told her the suit wasn't cleaned when we got it and I thought $75 was a little high for cleaning.  Needless to say, we never borrowed the suit again.  That was a good lesson.  Ask about cleaning first.

Gotta get back to work.  November is over.  Boy did that go fast.

No comments: