Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Too Many Favorite Things

You all know I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Gilders Paste.  Well, here is my new favorite.  It's called German Silver.  If you screw up a piece of polymer clay, this will make it beautiful.  It's kind of like Rub and Buff but stinks more and is easier to use.  You rub it on, let it dry a couple hours and then buff it.  I'll post some pictures of pieces when I'm done with them.
I ordered all my Gilders Paste from a website called The Megabead Store.  They have an Artfire store where they also sell it.  They are the cheapest I've found so far and they ship really fast.  They usually send a coupon for 10% off your next order once you place an order.  GP can be used on metal, wood and all kinds of things.  Since BJ (Knightwork) and Anita (Melodyobeau) are telling everyone about their favorite clay tools, I had to jump on the wagon.

KUMIHIMO

I finally finished a couple pieces with Kumihimo that I really like.  Sometimes I finish pieces and end up tearing them apart and redoing.
 
  You can click on the picture to see them up close.  Love those Megatama beads.
 
 
PENDANTS
 
I've been playing with the Bettina Welker Pixelated Cane.  I made some pendants and was too lazy to sand and buff them so I put Magic Glos on them.
 

I really like the way it popped the colors.  The one on the left reminds me of an old alligator purse my mom had when I was little.  Didn't like that thing.  The one on the right is from all the junk clay that was left on my table so I did a huge Natasha Cane but only cut it once.  I sanded and buffed this one and I have an idea about how I'm going to change it a little.  I'll post it when I'm done.

Have to make a flag bracelet for a sweet lady so I'm off to the beading table.


1 comment:

Knightwork Studio said...

Okay, this is why I should not visit blogs.... inevitably I see something I have to have. I LOVE the necklaces you made with those fascinating megatama beads. I immediately googled them, found them on Fire Mountain Gems..... so many gorgeous colors.... how will I ever decide...

and I might have to have Gilder paste too.... I'm waiting to see what you do with German Silver before I check out The Megabead Store. I might take a quick peek just to see what else they have.

I need more stuff like I need a hole in the head. I just had to buy more storage drawers.....

Love your gorgeous pendants too.