Sunday, April 20, 2014

BUSY AND DISAPPOINTED

I gave my  mail lady a Shambala bracelet.  I told her it means good luck.  So she had some friends call me and order a bunch of them.  I'm still working on them.
I like the one on the bottom right with spikes.  I should send it to Abbie on NCIS.

PACKERS vs. BEARS

I have a friend at home who's from Wisconsin but lives in Illinois and has some friends who are Packer fans and some who are Bears fans.  She asked me to make pens for all her football friends.
The bottom one was my gift to her.  These all have the magnets on them so they will stick to the refrigerator or a metal cabinet.
 
 
My doctor is having a baby boy and I made this blanket for her.  This is a great pattern.  If you crochet and want the pattern, let me know.
 
 
WHY I'M DISAPPOINTED
 
I belong to a polymer clay swap group.  This time we did a bead soup swap.  I sent mine out 4 weeks early.  The cut off date was April 12th and I still haven't received anything back from my swap partner.  I haven't heard from the person that was my swap partner either.  If you commit to do a swap, make sure you make that a priority.  I worked hard on the things that I sent out and the other pieces and findings that I sent weren't cheap.  I even sent it flat rate priority mail to make sure it got there.  When I make something for a swap I try to put the best energy and creative ability that I have into it.  If you are sick or had a death in the family or at least have a reasonable excuse it's understandable.  But not to even contact the person at all is totally unacceptable.

2 comments:

Linda K. said...

Bonnie, I'm sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I had a similar experience--twice--with swaps in a decorative painting group. Like you, I put a lot of time and effort, not to mention the expense of my supplies and shipping, into the swaps. The first time my partner never sent anything to me. She gave a variety of excuses when she was contacted by the organizer. What hurt the most was that she never even acknowledged the gifts that I sent to her. My partner for the next swap told me she was going to be late with hers, but I never heard from her again. I don't know what's wrong with people.

KayzKreationz said...

So sorry to hear that. I hope you hear something soon and receive your package.