Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Where Did All That Clay Come From??????????

I was looking for something in my studio about 2 weeks ago and realized I had 4 scrapbook containers full of clay ends and pieces.  Thinking about what to do with them was over-whelming.  I bit the bullet and sorted them out by color and made clay slabs.  Good thing I had a 200 foot roll of plastic wrap.  I ended up with two scrapbook containers of conditioned polymer clay in different colors and a box of canes.  I started using some of the canes to make beads to make golf stroke/walking counters that I sell on Artfire and Etsy.




  • These are a couple of the ones I made.  There are 10 more and, I covered some crochet hooks.


Now I only have about 200 pounds more clay to deal with.  I really like making flower canes so I used some of the pieces to make these:





I started making beads with the cane and the left over pieces.  I saw a lady in an internet shop who was selling polymer clay beads and she sold a ton of them and they weren't cheap.  Not only that, they weren't finished.  Tell me if you think these should be shiny or dull after they are baked.  There are 14 good sized beads here.  She was selling 10 small beads for $15.  I'm perplexed, someone please help me.

Click on the pictures to see them closer and then tell me what you think.  It's raining here so I have all day to make a decision, at least till I get the ironing done.  LOL

No comments: