Tuesday, November 4, 2014

HOW MANY BEADS DO I NEED?

Not too long ago I taught myself how to do "netting" with beads.  I ordered 1,000,000 little black beads because I was tired and didn't quit hitting the "0".  I decided to make a necklace not knowing what I was getting into.
About half way through, I asked myself why am I doing this because my eyes were burning and the cat was trying to get thread away from me.  I think I used a 300 foot spool of Fireline.  I'm not sure but I think there are at least 2000 beads on it.  I originally put a piece of wire through it and put beads on the ends with a lobster claw.  I finished it, put it away and forgot about it.  I found it the other day when I was looking for something else and decided I wanted a different end on it.  I like this a lot better.  I took the wire out and it hangs softer and lays better.  I made a pair of earrings to match but then realized I don't have a tee shirt that goes with this.  I brought it to a vendor fair to show my friend who was cooking there and a lady came up and was admiring it.  She asked how much I wanted for the set and I said $60.  She told me that wasn't enough.  I put it away but was wondering how someone who does reverse mortgages for a living knows how much a necklace should sell for and went and got myself a hot dog.

1 comment:

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Looks stunning, Bonnie! I guess discriminating buyers know their market :)