Thursday, April 2, 2015

I WANT TO SLING THIS SLING

OK, it's been 9 days since I've had this shoulder surgery and enough is enough.  This sling is making me crazy.  I've never worn a cast but I can't imagine how nuts that would make me.

I downloaded Downton Abbey to my Kindle.  I wake up thinking about that family and go to bed thinking about that family.  I think it's the sling.  Brain cells are moving around to places they have never been before.  I have to wear pajama bottoms all day and my husbands shirt because I only have one hand that Ican pull my pants up and down with.  I'm going to burn these when this is over too.

I can't walk the dogs, I can't do polymer clay, I can't drive the car, I can't lift a coffee pot.  I guess I should have practiced being left handed.

I decided to work with the new Pebeo paints since I can do that with my hand and don't have to use my arm but sometimes I forget when I using Magic Glos and lift the bottle.  TORTURE.


These are some pieces I finished today but I can't decide if I want them to be pendants or not.  I made the crosses in molds with Magic Glos and then used the paint and put Magic Glos on them again.

I painted the backs with Pebeo Moon paint.  The violet cross has Magic Glos on the back but the white one doesn't yet.


I did these yesterday and used E6000 to put the bail on the cross.  I hate that smell.  I no sooner got it on and I was moving it to the small table and I hit the sling and dropped it in the garbage can.  Naturally there was a toothpick stuck to it that had paint on it.  Good thing Magic Glos cleans up easy, the E6000 not so much but it's fine now.

You should see me trying to eat eggs with my left hand.  They usually slide off the fork on to the table and I have to chase them.  Doesn't stop me from eating.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!...you are are back! I'm a lefty and it's fun so welcome to the fold!

Linda K. said...

I sure hope this is over soon for you, Bonnie. But I must say, you're doing an amazing job with only one arm. These pieces are gorgeous!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

Hope all your challenges are small, Bonnie! Love seeing the beautiful Pebeo pendants :)

Lupe Meter said...

Hoping you are out of the sling soon, sweet friend! Wow, loving these creations...beautiful!! You are quite talented even for being temporarily one-handed! :)

Home Fashion Polish said...

May I ask how you get the crinkle effect on the gold and purple crosses? Looks so cool. Hope your shoulder is working again real soon.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Hi, the crinkle effect on the crosses happened because the Pebeo paint wasn't dry when I put the Magic Glos on. It's a strange effect but kind of cool.

Home Fashion Polish said...

Oh awesome! Thanks so much, I thought that's what it was but I don't have the paints yet! Thankyou!