Wednesday, November 25, 2015

BEADED BEAUTY

I bought this tutorial from Pru at Prumihimo.com.  I love this little ornament and it was fun to make.  I have millions of Megatamas.  Some friends of mine sold their bead shop a couple years ago so I bought all the Megatamas they had.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them but this helped me figure it out.  Now all I need to do is figure out how to make a bow.

This is the red one I finished.   I want to send everyone in my family one for their trees.


I found a website on face book about the hospitals in Chicago sponsoring a program called
"LITTLE HATS, BIG HEARTS".  Here is the website http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Affiliate/Little-Hats-Big-Hearts-Chicago_UCM_470828_SubHomePage.jsp#.  They are collecting red hats for babies born in February to celebrate Heart Month.  I'm still knitting more but the two on the left were made with the pattern from the website and I don't like them.  I changed the pattern and I like it better.  I tried knitting with round needles but that didn't work very well.  You have till the 31st of December to get your hats to the lady named on the website.  If you have an idea for a better baby hat pattern, let me know.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments: