Thursday, March 17, 2011

NEW BAG - BEADS OF COURAGE - CUTE DOGS

About 30 years ago I bought my first Coach bag.  It was the brown leather with the long strap and it weighed about 20 pounds with nothing in it.  I carried it all the time.  Finally one day my shoulder started hurting and the doctor told me I might as well carry a bowling ball on my shoulder.  He couldn't believe how heavy that purse was.  I put it in the closet and looked at it for 5 years and finally gave it away.

Well, my friend Judy's husband travels a lot and is gone for 5 or 6 weeks at a time.  Every time he goes away he sends her a Coach bag.  It's just something he does which I think is awesome.  My husband buys me Good and Plenty for special occasions.  Anyway, I was teasing Gary that I thought he should get me a Coach bag since I "BABYSIT" for Judy while he's gone.  Easiest babysitting job I've ever had.  Yesterday Judy came over to pick me up and gave me a bag from Gary.  I was speechless (that doesn't happen often).



This is my new Coach bag.  I usually go to Ross and buy a knockoff so this is going to be my "GOING OUT SPECIAL BAG".  Thank you Gary.

BEADS OF COURAGE

 As you know our clay guild is working with The Beads of Courage people down in Tucson.  We collect beads every month and send them to Tucson to be used for the kids and their families.  These are kids going through major illinesses.   They get a chain or necklace and every time they go through a procedure such as chemo, radiation, giving blood, surgery or what ever, they get to choose a bead to put on their necklace.  There are many glass bead makers and polymer clay artists who have been donating to this cause.  In January I did 50 beads which were bears and dogs and animals.  This month I am working on more animals and some special hearts.    I just finished these.


If you are interested in donating, please contact me and I will let you know where to send them.  They like large, bright items and must have at least a 3mm hole.


BIRTHDAY FRAME

A friend asked me to make a frame for her friend for her birthday.  She has three really cute dogs so I made the frame and put all the dog's names on it.  She just sent me a picture with the dogs in the frame.  They are so cute.




SUNSET IN ARIZONA

Last night we had a gorgeous sunset.  It's been in the 80's here this week which is great golf weather.  I went out and took a picture of the sunset and the colors make me want to do clay.  But, everything makes me want to do clay.  I'm obsessed.


HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY


1 comment:

Desert Rubble said...

Aw, congratulations on your new bag, what a great surprise! That sunset is so amazing, congrats on getting that pic, Bonnie, you should frame that...you could make one of your beautiful frames for it =)
Lynn