Sunday, August 14, 2011

BEAD CROCHET OR KUMIHIMO

I spent a couple weeks teaching myself to bead crochet.  It was very cumbersome at first but I got the hang of it.  This was my first necklace and I've done 3 more since then but lost interest.

About 4 months ago I decided to teach myself how to do Kumihimo (thank goodness for YOUTUBE and the internet).  First I tried just doing cords on Kumihimo and I really liked that.  They make wonderful places to hang polymer clay pendants.  I bought a couple Kumihimo books and they used beads to make beautiful necklaces.  Well, I'm hooked.  I just finished my first full beaded Kumihimo necklace and decided to embellish it with daggers.  This goes much faster than crocheting and I'm a really fast crocheter (with yarn).  This is going to be the necklace I'm wearing to my nephew's wedding next month in Chicago.  I need to make earrings and a bracelet to match.

  This is a view with the magnetic crystal toggle that I put on it.


There is a pattern for daggers that I'm going to try also and I'll post that if and when I finish it.  I finished the necklace itself in one night and added the daggers the next day so it didn't take long.

POLYMER CLAY BEAD GOLF STROKE COUNTERS

I found a big bag of polymer clay beads that I had made so I put together some golf stroke counters that I'm putting in my Artfire and Etsy shops.  They can be used for purse blings or to count how many times you walk around the block.
The beads slide up and down the cord so you can count how many times you hit the ball or how many times you walked around the mall.  I had a lady buy 4 of them and I thought she was giving them to friends for golfing but she said she was buying them to put on her purse as a purse bling.

I was going to do clay and Kumihimo this weekend and all I've done is watch golf.  DUH.  Will be glad when it cools off in Arizona so we can go golfing again.

FRIEND AT THE WINDOW

Friday I was getting out of the shower and I heard a strange noise in the kitchen.  Husband wasn't home so I was a little nervous.  I tiptoed around the corner to see where the noise was coming from and there was a mama quail pecking at our kitchen glass door.  She had 7 babies out there with her.  I think she was looking to come in and get a margarita.  I would want one if I had seven babies.  She was back again yesterday pecking at the window.  I don't know what to do for her.  I feel so bad.  I bet those kids are driving her nuts.

2 comments:

Lupe Meter said...

Cute post about the little quail! There are so adorable! Your necklace is stunning, Bonnie! I am sure it will be quite a hit!

2 Good Claymates said...

I agree about the necklace. It is very stunning. The cord for the first one is beautiful too.

Seems like mama quail was looking at her reflection in the glass and thought she found a mate that could take the kids off her hands for a while! lol!