Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WHAT'S ON MY BEADING TABLE? ANOTHER ONE???????

I started another necklace that I hope will go with the top that I'm wearing to my nephew's wedding.  Husband (he answers to that) said the first one wasn't glitzy enough so I'm doing a netted one with black aurora borealis 4 mm beads and size 15 and 11 antique gold seed beads.  It looks big but it's really slinky.  It's taking a lot of beads but I really like it.

Click on the picture a couple times to see it up close.  Problem is, I have to make a bracelet and earrings to match.  I just ordered 1200 more black beads. :0)  Hope that's enough.  If and when I finish this, I'll post the pictures.

POLYMER CLAY MOKUME GANE

I had an order for earrings made of purple and tuquoise Mokume Gane.  I had some clay left so I used my tiny cutters to make hearts and did a Kumihimo necklace to match and a pair of earrings.  Going to put these in my Artfire store.





I have a bucket list, actually it's a polymer clay/beading/resin list of all the things I want to do or make.  I ordered some Pipettes to do resin with and I thought I ordered 100 but I got 500.  Husband was in shock.  How do you explain 500 pipettes?  He asked me if I was going to rent a warehouse for all my stuff.  He still doesn't get it.  The girl with the most toys wins.

2 comments:

Linda K. said...

Bonnie, your netted necklace is beautiful--I think it's very rich looking and will be perfect for a wedding. It looks like the same stitch I used in a necklace and bracelet I made for my sister's birthday. It takes a lot of beads and works up slowly, but it's worth it when it's finished. Those crystals peeking out from behind the netting make just the right amount of sparkle.

Your Mokume Gane hearts are breathtaking! Those colors are stunning together and I love the kumihimo braid you made for the pendant. What kind of cord do you use?

Linda K. said...

Oh, I forgot to mention that my husband says I'm a hoarder, just like the people on the TV show. He doesn't get it either.