Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Good Day and Some Cookie Recipes

What would Christmas be without a bling sale and some really good cookies?  BORRRRRRRRRING
 
Yesterday our beading club had a "Holiday Bling Fling".  There were 41 of us in a big square in the room where we go beading.  There was so much bling it made your eyes water.  My friend Evelyn and I shared a table.  We both do mostly polymer clay, I do a little beading, Kumihimo, wire wrapping, bead crochet and yadda, yadda, yadda.  When we saw how much bling there was we thought it was going to be a slow sale day.
 
This is my side of the table.
 
This is Evelyn and her side of the table but we actually combined some of our things.  We had a lot of fun and we both made enough money to have some fun and buy lots more clay.
 
COOKIES
 
I love baking Christmas cookies and I have a couple recipes I would like to share with you that I make every year.
 
 
 
 
My Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies



 
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
Mix together the following:
2/3 Cup shortening
2/3 Cup butter
1 Cup sugar
1 Cup brown sugar packed
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 Cup chopped walnuts
Sift together the following:
3 Cups flour
1-teaspoon salt
2-teaspoon soda
 
Mix all of the above - add two 6-ounce packages of Chocolate Chips. Bake at 375 degrees 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.  1 cup chopped nuts optional.
 
Hope you enjoy these, we love them.
 


 

No comments: