On Monday, I decided to clean up my polymer clay area before we left for the day. I had a pile of pearl, black and some end pieces of a face cane that I made in a Barbara Maguire class over a year ago. So, I thought I would just chop all the pieces up and make a Natasha pendant. I chopped the clay and then rolled it out and twisted it like I do before I make the pendants. When I cut it in half, I was stunned.
There in the middle was a face looking up at me. Looks a little like a cat but I think it's a ghost from Christmas past. I put it in one of Penni Jo Couches molds http://www.bestflexiblemolds.com/ and the clay came out like a rock with different pieces of rock types in it so I left it like that. Sanded and buffed it and it kept looking more like a rock formation as I buffed it. I think it needs a Kumhimo necklace to go with it. I don't understand how that face survived after all the manipulating I did.
I made this cross for a friend for Christmas. It has 4 layers of Magic Glos on it. I don't normally have problems with Magic Glos but I think it was so cold in my office that the Magic Glos pulled in on itself faster than I could put it on. Arizona is a little cool right now but at least we don't have any snow to shovel.
My friend who has the 3 kittens (King, the one that got out and is now back in and loving his new sister) didn't have an afghan. I told her all kittens need a lap with an afghan on it to rest on. I started this a week ago last Monday and finally finished it Sunday. My elbow was crying from all the crocheting. She loved it and I'm sure the kitten's will too. I'm 5'6" so you know how big this thing is. Buster loves snuggling in an afghan. That's my new refrigerator in the back. It's got French doors and the freezer is on the bottom. When you get water out of the door it tells you how many ounces it has dispensed.
POLYMER CLAY TEST
I made a Santa Claus head out of one of Penni Jo's molds. I didn't get it finished before Christmas but I wanted to try something. I made it out of white and pearl clay and before I baked it, I painted the hat with ink and the beard and tassle with white Lumiere paint. I baked it at 265 for an hour and the ink and the paint baked with no problems. I'm antiquing it now and will spray it when it's done. I'll post a picture. But now I know I can use inks and Lumiere to paint on raw clay with no baking problems.
If I don't get a chance to post before next week, hope you have a wonderful, safe and healthy New Year. Keep on Claying.