Sunday, December 27, 2009

WELCOME ANNIE AND MORE FOCAL BEADS



The first thing I want to do say is "Welcome Annie".  Two of my dear friends who already have a wonderful dog name Beau, took this little Yorkie in the two days before Christmas.  Her name is Annie and she's 6 years old and has never been to a vet.  Not only that, she's in heat.  The people who had her didn't abuse her but they had big dogs and we think she was a little neglected.  They said they only bred her once but we don't know for sure.  Her new parents will be taking her to the vet for a check up and to make sure her shots are up to date.  She only weighs about 4 pounds but she's 4 pounds of dynamite and unconditional love.  I met her for the first time yesterday and I didn't want to let her go.  She's very calm, very affectionate, loves to be held and lifts her leg to go potty.  That made me laugh so hard I had tears in my eyes.  She must have been watching the big dogs.  I think Annie has found the perfect home, as you can see, she's already in the purse ready to go to Wal-Mart and I understand she also has a full wardrobe.  She will be getting the hair cut around her eyes so they won't have to keep putting the barrettes in her hair so she can see.

I asked my husband if I could have one and he said I could, the day I put him in the nursing home.  I wish he wouldn't have said that.  There's one on the next corner and I understand they have openings :0) LOL.



These two focal beads are made of polymer clay and they are both Natasha Beads.  These are made by taking scrap clay and winding it up till it's mixed and then forming it into a square and cutting it in four pieces and matching the inside patterns all the way around.  The top one has some translucent clay in it and also some Swarovski crystals.  Both beads were wire wrapped and have Swarovski crystals on them.  The bottom brown one is attached to a necklace that I just finished.  It's a four bead herrinbone made with gold Delicas.  Seems like it took me forever.  I love the necklace because I can change the focal beads depending the color.  It's very soft and has a magnetic, snap clasp on it.



These two beads are also made of polymer clay.  The top one is a gold, pearl and copper swirled lentil bead and wire wrapped in gold wire, the bottom one was a cane that I had made and didn't like.  I took the cane, cut it half longways and kept layering it.  I sliced pieces and put them on black clay and I really liked the outcome.  Then, I took some copper wire and hammered it, layed it on the bead and put Magic Gloss on it.  Put it out in the sun for an hour and then wire wrapped it in copper wire.  I like working with the Magic Glos and will be doing more of that now that Christmas is over.

I had a wonderful Christmas.  I had five friends over for dinner.  It took me longer to clean the kitchen than it did to make dinner.  I think I used every pot and pan and dish that I owned.  Must be why I only cook once a year.  I had some left over ham so I'm making split pea soup.

Hope everyone reading this had a wonderful Christmas and is going to have a great New Year.

Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the fudge, double chocolate covered peanuts, cheesecake, Good and Plenty and the rest of the sugar in the house.  I need a zipper for my mouth.  Anyone figured out how to do that, let know.

I'll post more pictures of Annie, I'm sure there will be millions.  She's adorable.

3 comments:

Marlene Brady said...

Your beads are beautiful. And your wirework with your beads is gorgeous together. And, of course, the Yorkie is adorable.

A Beaded Affair said...

Your beads are incredible. I particularly like the last one. I didn't know you could make such complex pieces with the clay. Thinking I'll need to look into this too. So many techniques, so little time. lol
Lois
http://www.abeadedaffair.com

Anonymous said...

I just love your beads, Bonnie! You'll have to give a demo on the wirework...I have only taken one class on wirework amd I really like how it looks with the polymer clay. I agree totally with Marlene, the dog is just adorable...perfect to take around town.