Friday, December 4, 2009

BOOBOO AND POLYMER CLAY

These beads were made with Desiree McCrory's method called Casablanca  Beads which is a tutorial on her website.  I wasn't sure I liked the colors of these until I cut them open.  The two football shaped beads are the original cuttings and the other beads were made with the leftover clay from the cuttings.  I tumbled these for 3 days and then buffed them.  Not sure what I'm going to do with them yet.  It's a fun technique.  If you do polymer, try it.  I used Fimo effects with the glitter in it and wasn't really happy with the blending.   I'm going to try it again with some different colors.


This is my 18 year old cat Booboo, at least part of him.  Every day, when I can, I like to take a little nap because we get up at 5 almost every morning because this cat starts singing at that time.  So, during the winter I turn the electric blanket on and lay down for a while with one of my favorite afghans and my favorite cat.  He can get up and down off the bed by himself but he waits till I pick him up and put him on the bed.  When I leave the bed, he wraps himself up in he blanket and goes to sleeep.  Today I went in and found him wrapped in the blanket except for his feet.  I guess you have to be a cat lover to see the humor in this.  My friends all think Booboo is the funniest cat they have ever seen.  He brings little rubber balls to me all day long so I can throw them and he brings them back to me.  He's the cat that holds my thumb when I'm working on the computer at night.  He likes graham crackers and low fat wheat thins.  He's just not normal.

No comments: