Thursday, October 6, 2011

PEONY CANE - WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG?

Had 5 wonderful days in Prescott with my BFF's at the Arizona Polymer Clay Guild's annual retreat.  Before I left, I printed out a copy of the directions to make a peony cane.  Judy, my table partner, also printed out those directions so you can imagine our surprise when we both said we were going to make a peony cane.  We started at the same time but I was done with mine in a little over an hour and Judy was still working on hers 6 hours later.  I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was taking her so long.  Well, I was missing 3 pages in my directions.  There were suppose to be 15 pieces of cane that you put together but no not me, I had 6 pieces so my peony was a little less dramatic.
                                             Love the colors and I'm sure it will make pretty beads.

This is what the real peony cane should look like and the directions are here http://www.catherienarts.com/en/the-peony-cane/.  Thanks Cat, sorry I screwed it up.

What do you call half  of a peony?  Tee hee hee.


3 comments:

Louise T said...

Thanks for the link Bonnie... I think I need to stick to canes with instructions, mine looks sick next to this one! LOL

Linda K. said...

The peony is one of my favorite flowers, so when I saw "Peony Cane" my eyes lit up. To tell you the truth, I like yours better because I can see more detail.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Thanks Linda but I just showed it to my husband and didn't tell him what it was. He said "oh, that's a pretty rose". Don't peony's get a lot of ants in them? LOL