Monday, May 18, 2015

HERE'S MY HEARTS


Last Saturday a woman from Beads of Courage visited our Arizona Polymer Clay Guild meeting.  The Beads of Courage program is our charity that we support. Beads of Courage Needs You click here to find out more about the program.  Every child who goes through a procedure like chemo, or giving blood or surgery gets a necklace and they get a bead for every procedure.  Most large city hospitals have this program so you should check with your local hospitals to see if they need donations.  If not, contact the Beads of Courage on the web site.



The picture on the top is of polymer clay heart pendants that I made to donate.  They aren't exactly beads but the heart pendants are going to be given to some of the mother's and to the nurses who are involved in the program.

 The second picture of heart pendants were also made with polymer clay but then I covered them with Pebeo paint and Magic Glos.


This was another heart that I made and gave to my friend for her birthday.


I have been looking all over for the new Premo clay.  The only place I found them was at Sunny Day Crafts http://www.sunnydaycrafts.com/ and I get most of my clay from them because of the price, and I usually get my shipments in 2 to 3 days so I know it hasn't been sitting on a hot truck in Arizona for 4 days before I get it.  Their shipping prices are reasonable and they really package it well.  Unfortunately, they are out of the new clay colors right now but keep checking with them or ask them to send you an email when they come in.

The outer edge of the pendant on the left is made entirely of Premo White Glitter Clay.  This was an experiment that I did.  When you add glitter to clay and try to cut it, the blade usually drags and you are taking a chance of scratching your pasta machine depending on what type of glitter you use.  This clay does not drag, it works easy in the hands and the results to me were great.  The other thing I did by accident was mix some with another Premo color and I was left with beautiful purple glitter clay so I can make my own colors and add this clay to it.  In the top picture there is a black swirl heart.  That has a little of the new Premo Opal, white glitter and yellow glitter in it.  The opal clay does have pieces in it so you need to be careful how you cut it and use it.

I love this clay.  I sanded and buffed both of these pendants and the colors didn't change in the glitter clay.  The pendant on the right has Premo Yellow Glitter Clay in it.  I also bought Premo Rose Glitter which is so pretty in the package I can't wait to use it.  It looks to me like the base of the clay is translucent with a special glitter that is dense and sands and buffs really well.

If you find out some where else where the new Premo clay is being sold let me know.

4 comments:

thecolorofdreams said...

Bonnie,
I have purchased clay here and they have the new colors, but they are not in AZ.

http://www.sculpeyproducts.com/collections/premo-clays?page=2

Always love to see what you make.

Bonnie Kreger at B-LEE KREATIONS said...

Hi thecolorofdreams, Sunny Day Crafts is in Florida but I still get my shipments in 2 or 3 days. Thanks for the info, I'll check it out.

Lupe Meter said...

Your hearts are beautiful, Bonnie!! I am sure they will love them! Great work!!

Monique (A Half-Baked Notion) said...

I love them all, Bonnie! When I make hearts, it seems I get carried away... so I must keep this program in mind :)